How to report iMessage spam in iOS 8.3 April 13, 2015 14:14
If you've ever received spam in the form of an iMessage, it's a good idea to report it as junk to Apple.While you've always been able to report iMessages as spam, you can now do it in a lot fewer steps if you're running iOS 8.3 or above. Reporting junk iMessages will help Apple to remove spammer accounts from their servers, making iMessage a much happier place for everyone. In order to report an iMessage as junk, just follow these steps:
How to report an iMessage as junk on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8.3 or newer.
- Tap on Messages.
- Turn On the option for Filter Unknown Senders.
- Launch the Messages app.
- At the very top of your messages list (you have have to pull down), tap on the Unknown Senders tab.
- All messages from unknown senders appear here. Tap on the message thread you want to report as junk.
- Tap on Report Junk underneath the message.
- Tap on Delete and Report Junk in the popup menu.
- That's it. Apple will receive a junk message report and it will automatically be removed from your device.